A GLOBAL EDUCATION FOR FUTURE WORLD LEADERS
We’re glad you are curious about Rochester Arts & Sciences Academy (RASA)!
Why should you choose RASA?
Our parents and families choose RASA because we are an ambitious and unique school in Rochester distinguished by our:
- Challenging academic environment with thriving students
- International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum centered on student inquiry and global-mindedness
- Welcoming, diverse school community that emphasizes character development in a secular environment
- Small classroom experience where passionate teachers inspire reflective, knowledgeable thinkers
- School calendar and daily schedule that meet the needs of modern families: maximizing instructional time and pairing it with ample after-school enrichment and child care.
What RASA Offers:
- Preschool (age 3) – Grade 5
- Small class sizes
- Challenging academics
- Extended school day and school year
- Globally-minded curriculum
- International Baccalaureate World School
- Proximity to downtown
- After-school care and clubs
- Non profit school
- Secular Education
Rochester Arts & Sciences Academy (RASA) was founded in 2007 by local parents who valued an individualized education emphasizing the arts and sciences. In 2011, the school fulfilled an important goal by achieving authorization as an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. We are proud to be the only elementary school in southeastern Minnesota offering an an inquiry-based model of learning with a global focus: the IB Primary Years Program (IB-PYP).
“The small class size and rigorous academics at RASA ensure that my child is challenged and growing every day. RASA is truly a collaborative community where parents and teachers work together as partners in the child's education. And once the official school day is over, the variety and quality of the after-school options is a huge advantage--I know my son is participating in enriching, fun, and educational activities rather than just "in child care."
“RASA is unparalleled in the ability to provide an exceptional education for all students while catering to the needs of working adults with the after-school programs.”
"My child is much happier and confident since joining RASA. I know she will be well-prepared for the future.”
“… our children are learning in a way that constantly relates to the world around them and allows them to step out of set norms, ask good questions, and take risks.”
“We’re so fortunate RASA is in Rochester. There’s really no other choice for parents who value educating their child with a high awareness of his/her role in the world at large."
“We love the small class sizes at RASA and the individualized education our children receive. The extended school year and enrichment classes after school are a great plus. My kids love to go to school and especially enjoy the Spanish and French classes everyday. RASA provides our children with a great well-rounded education in a nurturing caring environment with dedicated teachers.”